Heist Society ~ Ally Carter

What a fun book - I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one! If I were a movie producer, I'd snap up the rights to Heist Society immediately (what a cool job THAT would be!).

I was hooked from the beginning...where the author, Ally Carter, gives you just enough descriptive clues that you know Katarina Bishop (Kat) is no ordinary student: she's always scoping out the situation ("Kat was used to looking at a room and seeing all the angles"); you glimpse inklings of her past ("Every nerve in her body seemed to stand on end as she realized that somehow, in the last three months, she had become someone who wore squeaky shoes").

Kat's father has been framed for the theft of some extremely valuable art...and unless she can prove her father's innocence - or recover the art - some very dangerous men are going to be very unhappy.

This Teens' Top Ten nominee gets high marks in my book. Heist Society reads like a wonderful crime caper - not unlike the Oceans 11 movie. It has lots of action and suspense, but also doesn't take itself too seriously. It's a quick read, perfect for the end of summer or a weekend...and I'm going to keep my eyes open to see if it gets made into its own movie - I've already mentally started casting it. Once you've read it, let me know who you think should be part of Kat's crew!

No comments: