Scarlet by A. C. Gaughen


http://www.acgaughen.com/scarlet/
Scarlet has escaped her past in London, but it continues to haunt her.  Her scar is a constant reminder of what she left behind.  As tensions with the Sheriff of Nottingham and Guy of Gisbourne increase, the villagers are finding it more and more difficult just to survive.  In disguise as Will Scarlet, she helps Robin Hood steal from the rich to give to the poor.

I am a sucker for a good Robin Hood tale.  Always have been.  From the singing rooster in the Disney cartoon, to Kevin Costner and his thieves...I love them all.  Even wrote my Gr. 13 English ISU on Robin Hood as a hero.

So, when I saw that Scarlet was one of the Teens' Top Ten nominees, I was pretty excited.  Also a little skeptical - how could you retell the story of Robin Hood yet again?

Quite well, as it turns out!!  In fact, I'd give it 5/5 on the Rez Recommends list.  There's action, adventure, plot twists...enough to keep readers of either gender engaged.


No comments: